Friday, August 23, 2019

My Ministry Moment

Image result for Psalm 90:12-17 clipart
To: Chalil, Anya, Keyron, Mya, Christopher, Ki'lene, Layla, Alyjah, and Zaria



Recently my husband and I were given the chance of a lifetime when we took nine of our grandchildren on a road trip. You may ask yourself, (what chance of a lifetime was that?). Well for me it was a trip that I hope will stay with them their whole life, just like the memories I have of my grandparents. I recall every summer spending two to three weeks with my wonderful grandmother, walking in her backyard garden, rubbing my hand over her wrinkled hands and trying to braid her soft salt and paper-thin long hair that she wore in two braids.


My grandfather sitting in the kitchen making his then-famous 7up pound cake that took three hours to prepare and another two to bake. Watching CBS soap operas, wrestling, and baseball for hours. Listening to them chat about how it was growing up in the harshest period of their lives. Now they are gone but I still have my memories.
This trip not only was a blessing to them but also to my mother who at the age of 83, has been given a memory that will be with her until God says well done. 
Dorothy Love with nine of her great-grands.

 We must treat our days as a gift that should be shared with others and thank God for those who receive our gifts of wisdom and time that they may pay it forward to create lasting memories. For our bodies, will disappear but the chance of a lifetime if taken will live on in those we love dearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ministry Moment

Years ago I saw a movie about a Billionaire and a car mechanic who were strangers until they were in the same hospital room. The two men h...